Saturday, February 14, 2009

Introduction

I was 42 years old when I first met Tony. The son of a co-worker who has Rubenstein-taybi syndrome. At that time Tony was 20 years old. Looked like 10. Mental capacity was estimated to be about a 3rd grade level. He communicated with signs, needed all his daily requirements, other than eating, completed by others. He attended a local special needs school and seemed to be quite a happy kid. Tony had a Downs sister, Elaina, and for the most part they did not get along too well. At the time, I had no idea that in just a few short years, I would become Tony's stepfather. I also had no idea of what that meant. I'm not always sure that I have it figured out today. But I am learning. And that's why I want to share what God has taught me about "life" using my son Tony. I want to share stories and real life incidents that have changed my attitude in so many areas. So I invite you to follow along, get a real world look at life with Tony!

5 comments:

Praise and Coffee said...

Looks great Randy! I look forward to reading your inspirations :)
Love,
Sue

Brenda said...

Randy,
I am sure this will be a blessing to all who read, just as all who meet Tony will be inspired. Life has it's challenges and those living with Tony and Elaina know them all too well, but they also know first hand the blessings!
Love you guys,
Brenda

Deb said...

Dad...I think this is the best thing that I have seen on this. Was this hard to do...And anyone that ever meets tony or sees him will fall in love with him.. He has and continues tp bless us all in so many ways daily that words will never ever begin to show or describe to tony how much he means to us and is loved...I really like what you did.

Kerri said...

Oh Randy this is such a wonderful idea! I miss you guys, and miss SO much seeing Tony worship the Lord! I also miss his hugs! Can't wait to read more!

Joanne Sher said...

I SO look forward to reading this. So glad you posted a link on Facebook. I'll definitely be back!